CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

M.A.M.A.

As in, the most amazing mom around and yes, I do mean mine =0) I can’t tell you how much I respect and admire my mother. She’s steadfast and loyal; she’d do anything for you at the drop of a hat and without complaint. My mom has done a lot for me over the years; she’s molded me into the person I am today and I am so thankful to have her loving guidance. She’s so much more than a mom to me, she’s my teacher, she’s my most honest critic, she’s my biggest fan, simply put, she is my best friend.
This past year has been a very challenging time for my family, particularly my mother. My heartbreaks when I think of the adversity she has been faced with but I have to smile at her unwavering grace and dignity. My mother is the strongest woman I know. I say this to her often but it really is the truth, I hope someday I can live to be half the woman she is…she is just that awesome.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I was facing a bittersweet moment in my life. I have worked with my mother in the same office since graduating from high school. I see her eight hours a day, five days a week, I call her on my way home from school and I still see her on the weekends. There are times when I spend more hours in a day with my mom than I do with my husband. This has been the case for nearly ten years. Needless to say, my mother and I are incredibly close. As you know, I start student teaching in the fall. While I cannot wait to begin this new adventure, I feel an ache in my heart when I think about leaving my mom (it brings tears to my eyes writing about it now); it’s like the end of an era. I know that our relationship will withstand the distance but it’s so hard to imagine not having her so involved in my day to day life. **le sigh**
The purpose of this post is simply to give my mom a shout out for being such stinkin’ amazing woman!
I love you, mom, you’re simply the BEST!!

1 comment: